Condiments - US - July 2010
One of the many ramifications of the recession has been an increase in meals consumed at home and prepared by the consumer. Condiments have benefited greatly. No wonder; condiments can be simply served with food or incorporated into from-scratch recipes, depending on the consumer’s commitment to cooking or their need for convenience.
This report describes the factors that have contributed to growth in the condiments market and Mintel’s expectations for the near future, as the economy recovers. Topics include the following:
- The challenges faced by leading brands that compete for market share in a highly fragmented market
- The vast expansion and great success of private labels, including premium and natural product offerings that are competing effectively on price and quality
- The effects of hot-button nutritional issues and their impact on consumer behavior, with an emphasis on childhood nutrition and sodium content
- The various roles that condiments play in home meal preparation and their distinctive appeal to different consumer demographics
- The significance of flavor and its gender-specific importance.
In addition, the heart of the report includes Mintel’s exclusive consumer research and analysis, which explores usage, behavior, attitudes and preferences related to condiment consumption.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.