Consumer Attitudes Toward Luxury Goods - US - March 2011
While the economy has had an impact on luxury sales, it is also apparent that many consumers still have an affinity for luxury goods and thus are seeking them out in large numbers. It is also clear that consumer definitions of “luxury” are changing and now encompass the superpremium goods, such as designer clothing, that have traditionally been associated with the term, as well as other more mundane categories like electronics.
In order to provide retailers and manufacturers of luxury goods with insights that can be leveraged to help drive sales and create enticing products, Mintel published this report, which addresses the following questions:
- How do consumers in the U.S. define “luxury” purchases and how does the definition vary across demographic segments?
- What types of luxury purchases are most common, and within which categories are large numbers of Americans interested in upgrading to luxury?
- How have the recession and the sluggish recovery impacted consumer perceptions of “luxury”?
- What are the most common drivers of luxury purchases and how does the influence of these drivers vary across demographic segments?
- Which segments of the population are making the most luxury purchases annually?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.