Consumer Attitudes Towards Debt - US - July 2013
“Many financial services providers, such as credit card issuers and home equity loan providers, have traditionally focused their business models on encouraging consumers to spend money. However, a more appropriate model that meets the goals of consumers in these days of household financial responsibility may be to help consumers find ways to help themselves spend less, save more, and avoid incurring further debts.”
– Susan Menke, Senior Financial Services Analyst
Some issues addressed in this report include:
- Millennials are looking for advice and online tools
- A secondary target are those aged 55+
- Brainstorm for ways to enrich the lives of the “stressed out”
- How are consumers responding to their current levels of debt, and what are their plans for incurring more debt?
- What are their priorities in paying off debt?
- What groups are the least and most burdened by debt?
- How will this impact their ability to spend and save?
- What are consumer attitudes about people who have debt and taking on new debt?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.