Consumers and Retail Banking - UK - October 2012
“Most people are happy with their existing provider, creating little incentive to look at alternative banking brands. However, there remains considerable discontent towards the banking sector as a whole, which should create opportunities for brands with an untarnished reputation, as long as they can convince consumers that they can deliver in the financial services market.”
– Deborah Osguthorpe, Head of UK Financial Services Research
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Will the implementation of a current account switching service change the retail banking landscape?
- Why are consumers so reluctant to switch current account providers?
- Is customer satisfaction influenced by the banking channels used?
- Is there consumer appetite for new retail banking brands and services?
- Does the bank branch have a future?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.