Contraceptives - US - June 2010
The U.S. market for OTC contraceptives sold through food, drug, mass and convenience stores has posted solid sales growth between 2004 and 2010, driven by a range of dynamic factors. These factors include the high number of consumers who wish to avoid pregnancy, specific demographics who are the most likely to use condoms (including those aged 18-34, men and minorities) and the prevention of STDs. This report offers close analysis of these factors, as well as a thorough investigation of the following:
- The increasing role of sexual enhancement products in the market, as consumer perception of sexual health evolves and mass stores open their aisles to products that were previously sold through outside channels or kept behind the pharmacy counter
- The dominance of condoms in the market and the growth of the emergency contraceptives category through sales of Plan B and Plan B One Step
- The competition between Rx and OTC products and how OTC can attract more users
- Innovations in the condom category that seek to enhance pleasure, as well as profiles of new sexual wellness products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.