Cooking Enthusiasts - US - October 2011
An enduring impact of the recession and its aftermath, Americans continue to prioritize home cooking and other home-based activities as a means of economizing. But while the need to save money is a powerful and pervasive motivator for many, other factors are also at play. This report helps to clarify the opportunities for companies that sell cookware, kitchenware, kitchen appliances, specialty foods, cooking-related supplies, and moderately priced premium ingredients and provides insight on how to capitalize on them.
This report provides the following:
- An overview of four different major markets driven by the home cooking trend including ethnic foods, fish and seafood, cookware, and small kitchen appliances
- A look at strategies and tactics used by marketers and retailers to connect with cooking enthusiasts
- Consumer research on cooking occasions, changes in cooking behavior, favorite cuisines, information sources for cooking, and purchase preferences in cookware and other kitchen-essential product categories
- A segmentation model based on cooking frequency, attitudes and skill levels, and how the different segments approach cooking
- Insights into the attitudes and behaviors of Enthusiastic Chefs and other segments of home cooking consumers
- A closer look at the quickly emerging next generation of cooking enthusiasts: Millennials
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.