Cooking Sauces and Marinades - US - April 2011
The U.S. cooking sauces and marinades market gained 20% during 2005-10 in total U.S. sales, reaching an estimated $3.7 billion. The market benefited from consumers’ return to the kitchen to save money during the recession, as well as from price increases during 2008-10. However, lower red meat and poultry sales and per capita consumption, as well as competition from prepared meals and processed meat, poultry and fish are a challenge for the market.
Nevertheless, three of the five segments posted gains during this study and Mintel expects them to continue growing. Innovative new products that make life easy for consumers while promoting attributes that they find important are pushing sales ahead.
In this report, Mintel answers the following questions:
- Which consumer demographics are key users in the cooking sauces and marinades market?
- Which segments are leading growth and what is behind their success?
- What are the distinctive preferences of consumers, by age and household income, and how does their purchase behavior affect the cooking sauces and marinades market?
- What role do men play in shaping the types of cooking sauces and marinades innovations that should be on the market, or are currently finding success?
- Which companies and brands lead sales in the cooking sauces and marinades market, and how have they performed during the height of the recession, and since?
- Why are some companies struggling to compete while others continue to shine?
- How are private label brands changing the market? Which manufacturers lead new product development?
- What types of marketing claims do brands promote to attract consumer interest?
- What are major themes in television advertising, and how are social media outlets shaping brand image?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.