Diet Trends - US - May 2010
The recession has thrown the weight loss category into flux, causing consumers to change their behaviors and seek out alternatives to accomplish their weight loss goals. Understanding these new dynamics is essential for success. This report explores a number of factors that are shaping consumers’ attitudes, including:
- Reasons for (and for not) dieting
- The types of diet foods, as well as products and services most likely to resonate with consumers
- Consumer perceptions of diets and diet food, and how this shapes their approach to dieting
- Specific product suggestions, such as multifunctional devices that help consumers track and plan meals; services, like diet programs based on a reward system; and other opportunities that might appeal to those dieting
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.