Digital Media Marketing in the Automotive Industry - US - February 2011
This report explores the use of digital media marketing in the automotive industry. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting trends and technology innovations in digital media marketing and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns, and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Are consumers in a buying mood for new cars and how many consumers are expected to purchase in the next two years?
- What forms of digital media are automakers and dealerships using to reach out to consumers?
- What campaigns are innovating this emerging trend and why have they met success?
- What elements of an automotive website are consumers responding to and which components do they find unnecessary?
- Is design and/or functionality in a mobile platform more important than content or is there a middle ground between both that consumers want in an automotive website?
- What aspects of an automotive website do consumers find useful in researching new vehicles?
- Which digital media platforms are consumers using now to research new vehicles?
- What social media networks or video sites do consumers frequent at least once a week?
- What kind of vehicle-sponsored event would consumers find most appealing if they were contacted via Facebook or Twitter?
- How are social networks changing the traditional model of launching new vehicles? What companies are innovating this trend?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.