Digital Trends Winter - UK - December 2011
“Ultrabook, a new line of thin and lightweight laptop computers running the Microsoft Windows operating system, is a strong contender to regain the traditional computer’s eroded market share from tablet computers.”
– Cecilia Liao, Senior Technology Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How the UK is now trialling the next generation of high-speed mobile internet via 4G, with commercial roll-out expected in 2013.
- How the on-demand video rental market is changing in the UK.
- How Microsoft is turning its gaming console into an entertainment hub.
- What the future is for netbooks in the face of ultrabooks and tablet computers.
- What Google is doing to pitch its new social network, Google Plus, against Facebook.
- How the end of Low Value Consignment Relief will affect small retailers and consumers.
- How consumers learn more about a product or brand on the internet.
- What digital offerings consumers rate as important prior to a purchase of a product or service.
- How many Facebook users follow companies on the social network and why the do so.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.