Dishwashing Products - US - April 2012
The dishwashing products market grew slowly from 2009-11, as declining unit sales were offset by growing consumer preference for higher-priced dishwasher products such as single-dose pacs and multipurpose products. Changing demographics and an improving economy will present new opportunities and challenges for the market over the next five years.
This report examines how demographic shifts and changing consumer behavior will shape demand for dishwashing products going forward, and how marketers can take advantage of the opportunities created. The report includes analysis of:
- The past five years of performance of the total market, dishwashing liquid, and dishwasher detergent segments, as well as growth forecasts through 2016
- The competitive outlook for manufacturers, including dominant brands like Procter & Gamble’s Dawn dishwashing liquid and up-and-coming brands like Reckitt Benckiser’s Finish
- Evaluation of the changing retail environment for dishwashing products, including recent declines in the market share of traditional supermarkets and Walmart
- The critical role that children play in driving usage of dishwashing products and how changes in the share of households with children will impact the performance of this market through 2016
- Trends in new product introductions and how they relate to consumers’ stated preferences for anti-bacterial, skin-friendly, and “green” product properties
- How age, income, race and Hispanic origin shape consumer behavior with respect to dishwashing products, including the unique role that Hispanics will play in the future of this market
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.