Disposable Baby Products - US - April 2013
“While disposable baby products enjoy high household penetration and purchase incidence among those households with babies and toddlers, the market has experienced stagnant sales in the past five years. Private label offerings are grabbing market share and sales; challenging economic circumstances and falling birth rates are decreasing product demand; and parents are gravitating to online retailers in search of deep discounts. Market players will need to explore ways to better differentiate their products from private label and consider new tactics for expanding the category while traditional retailers will need to determine ways to convince parents to return to shopping in stores.”
– Gabriela Mendieta, Home & Personal Care Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- Branded products, specifically diapers and training pants, are struggling to compete with private label. How can brands better differentiate products in order to recapture sales and market share?
- Difficult economic circumstances and falling birth rates have had a negative impact on this category. How can market players grow the market beyond waiting for economic recovery?
- Online retailers are becoming a greater force in the market. What can traditional retailers do to convince parents to come back to stores?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.