DIY in a Down Economy - US - February 2009
This report examines both the broader home improvement market and the narrowly defined DIY-only market, which excludes services and sales to professions. It focuses on how the home improvement market has been changing with the collapse of the housing market and the broader recessionary environment. Analysis of how retailers and suppliers are responding to this dramatic shift in the economy includes the rapidly growing “green” DIY market. It offers exclusive, up-to-date consumer research on DIY activity and notably probes:
- Consumers’ overall DIY activity, including the type of projects being undertaken and products being purchased
- Which retailers DIYers use, who they work with on projects and where they gather information
- Barriers to undertaking DIY activity and what factors consumers claim would increase their DIY activity
- Attitudes related to the economic downturn, including how it has affected resources and time available for DIY activity
- Purchasing of and attitudes towards a range of green products and services
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.