DIY Retailing - Europe - May 2015
This report series looks at the DIY sector in the five largest Western European countries – the UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
The data in its entirety is contained in the single copy five-country report. Single country reports are also available for the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
The DIY market is much more diverse than a simple definition of core DIY products, and the market, as it exists at the moment, reflects the product offer of the major DIY superstores rather than that of a small edge-of-high-street hardware shop.
In each country we provide:
- a Mintel market size estimate
- annual sales data and forecasts for the specialists sector
- sales and outlet figures for the leading specialists as well as market shares
- And for each country we provide data on participation in the online channel.
Our exclusive consumer research spans all five countries. In each of these markets, we asked consumers:
- Which retailers they had bought DIY goods from in the last 12 months, and whether this was online or in-store.
- What DIY jobs they had carried out over the last year and what they planned for the coming year.
- Additional questions were asked to consumers for the UK report.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.