Electrical Wholesalers (Industrial Report) - UK - March 2014
“Following the economic downturn, subsequent flat economy and consequent lack of consistent development in both construction activity and critically the electrical contracting market, prospects materially changed in 2013. Growth in that year remained quite weak at 3% in nominal terms for the electrical wholesale market, but that is now expected to turn to 3/4% real growth per annum over the next few years, with strong areas of demand growth in new housing and office construction in particular. Price pressure remains in the market and the price transparency created by the internet suggest that this will be a continued feature, yet the market will also be stimulated by a range of trends outside of economic developments.”
– Terry Leggett, Senior Analyst
This report covers the market for the wholesale distribution of electrical components and materials, largely, though not exclusively, supplying the building and construction sector.
Distributors stock a wide range of electrical components and materials, including various combinations of the following products:
- Cable management products, including cables, cable ties, conduits, terminals and trunking
- Circuit protection equipment, including circuit breakers, residual current devices, enclosures, panel boards, distribution boards, fuses and fuse boards
- Wiring accessories, including junction boxes, switches, socket boxes, plugs and sockets, connectors, moulded boxes and earthing clamps
- Lighting equipment, such as lamp holders, lamps, tubes, emergency lighting, security lighting, outdoor lighting, trunking and transformers
- Fire & security equipment, including fire alarms, security alarms, timers, door entry systems and personal security products
- Heating and ventilation products, comprising space heaters, showers, water heaters and relays
- Power supply & control equipment, such as batteries, motor starters and relays
- Tools, including hand tools, fixings, tape and insulation materials
All values are at current prices unless otherwise specified.
Take a look inside a sample report
Mintel’s consumer reports deliver insight and expert analysis into key consumer trends and behaviour in your marketplace, in addition to an overview of the market data and key brands. Mintel’s consumer reports provide you with easily digestible information to guide your future innovation and move your business forward.Download now
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.