Energy Drinks and Energy Shots - US - July 2009
The energy drinks market emerged in 1997 in the U.S. with the introduction of Red Bull and is still a relatively immature market. However, following years of impressive growth, energy drinks sales slowed in 2008 amid the economic recession and growing consumer concerns about their safety. Despite the introduction of hundreds of new products in 2008, energy drinks sales grew only 8.5%. The emerging energy shot segment performed strongly in 2008, but it is too early to determine how much energy shots will cannibalize sales of energy drinks.
This report discusses how consumer trends, the lagging economy and product innovation are shaping the energy drinks market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the energy drinks market and growth forecast through 2014
- How the current economic recession is impacting the energy drinks market and how brands are reacting
- How consumer concerns about the potential dangers of energy drinks are affecting usage, and what manufacturers can do to allay their fears
- A spotlight on brands that have carved out distinct brand identities that have helped them succeed in an increasingly crowded category
- How industry consolidation will impact the market
- The hottest trends in the energy drinks market
- Which consumer groups offer the greatest potential for expanding energy drinks usage
- The top two usage barriers keeping consumers out of the category—and what marketers can do to break them down
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.