Exercise Trends - US - October 2014
“Exercise participation rates continue to be relatively stagnant in the US, despite an increase in obesity. Creating more customized programs, especially for the aging population, can help to increase likelihood of exercising. In addition, wearable fitness devices are a huge opportunity within the fitness landscape.”
– Emily Krol, Health and Wellness Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- Half of Americans still not exercising regularly
- Aging population less likely to exercise
- Obesity levels continue to increase in the US
- Wearables are changing the exercise industry
- Slightly more than half of Americans exercise regularly.
- Demographics of exercisers.
- Top exercise activities.
- Reasons for exercising.
- Usage of/interest in exercise tools.
- Promote post-workout feelings.
- Lack of time and motivation present challenges to regular exercise.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.