Fabric Care - China - August 2014
“Over the past five years, the fabric care market has experienced robust growth, driven by consumers’ higher personal hygiene standards, the increased proportion of earning spent on clothing, and a shift in laundry detergent product formats from powder to liquid as a result of premiumisation. In addition, the expansion of washing machine ownership and online retail channels will continue to support the growth momentum.”
– Jade Liu, Senior Research Analyst
For laundry detergents, multi-functional laundry detergents and specialized laundry detergents tailored to different washing purposes, types of apparel and consumer segments will co-exist to fulfil consumers’ sophisticated, yet dynamic needs.
For fabric conditioners and softeners, brands can leverage unique scent in the personal fragrances market via category blurring and incorporate aromatherapy functions to increase appeal.
For laundry aids, new product varieties addressing consumers’ daily anti-wrinkle and fabric deodorizing needs can create additional usage occasions.
As competition intensifies, emotion-driven product innovations leveraging scent and packaging variety will satisfy consumers’ experiential consumption mindset, while larger-pack sizes will help to increase brand stickiness and product consumption. In a digital era, brands need to integrate both online and offline channels and initiate more personalised marketing to win internet-savvy consumers.
Some questions answered in this report include:
- What is the current state of the fabric care market in China and what are the trends, and drivers and barriers to growth?
- Which are the key companies in the industry and what are their strengths and areas of opportunity?
- How can multi-functional fabric care products address sophisticated consumer needs?
- How do specialized fabric care products tailor to different washing purposes, types of apparel and consumer segments?
- How can fragrance, product format and packaging innovation improve product usage experience and garner consumers’ attention?
- What are the dominating market trends in terms of fabric care product format and package size?
- Men-specific fabric care products in response to men’s growing involvement in laundry work
- Making laundry more efficient under the fast pace of modern lifestyle
- Making products relevant by offering more personalised solutions
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.