Fabric Care - UK - August 2011
- Stain removers that remove stains and include both pre-wash and in-wash products in powder, liquid, gel, tablet and spray format (eg Vanish).
- Whiteners and colour care products used with laundry detergents for helping to maintain the brightness of colours and whiteness of whites without bleaching. This includes colour run preventers and colour run removers.
- Fabric fresheners intended to refresh and revive clothes between washes and clothing that has been in storage, including fabric freshener sprays and fragranced sachets (eg Febreze). This also includes products for freshening upholstery.
- Ironing aids that include products for ironing such as fragranced ironing waters and starch liquids or sprays.
- Main wash laundry detergents offered to the consumer in a range of product formats, including: powders, liquids, gels, tablets and capsules/liquid tablets. This includes standard and concentrated, biological, non-biological, two-in-one and ‘colour’ products.
- Special wash detergents that includes detergents for hand washing and delicate fabrics.
- Rinse conditioners used in addition to laundry detergents in order to soften, freshen and/or make drying and ironing easier, and available as standard and concentrated liquids.
- Tumble dry enhancers offered as fragrance-impregnated sheets that are designed for use in tumble dryers (eg Bounce).
- Water softeners that are used for preventing the build-up of limescale in washing machines and washers/dryers (eg Calgon).
- Laundry products sold in launderettes are excluded from the market sizing of this report.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.