Facial Skincare - US - April 2011
Sales of facial skincare products in the U.S. declined in 2008 and 2009, as millions of Americans took steps to mitigate the impact of the recession and minimize household expenditures. However, category sales increased in 2010 and there is reason to believe sales could rise again in 2011.
In order to help manufacturers identify opportunities and optimize their marketing and development efforts, Mintel has published this report, which addresses the following questions:
- How have sales fluctuated in recent years and which categories of the facial skincare market hold the greatest promise of future growth?
- Which brands are leaders in the category and which have posted significant sales gains in 2010?
- What types of innovations did manufacturers of facial skincare products introduce in 2010 and the first quarter of 2011?
- How are manufacturers promoting their products and brands?
- What segments of the population tend to over-index on usage of facial skincare products and which tend to avoid the products?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.