Facilities Management (Industrial Report) - UK - February 2013
This report will give you fast, easy access to robust information from analysis and critical recommendations – so you can make the right decisions, at the right time. It will challenge routine thinking by providing you with fresh, new perspectives that energize your thought process.
Using primary research and multiple secondary data sources only a Mintel report will provide you with the complete picture.
For the purposes of this report, the potential facilities management market includes work that is contracted to third parties, including total facilities management contracts, and the value of projects undertaken in-house.
The market is segmented into the following sectors:
- total facilities management, where the full responsibility for undertaking and organising facilities management services is contracted to a third party company who undertakes the work or sub-contracts the work to other companies
- contracted out projects, where ancillary services are contracted out to third party companies on an individual contract basis. This allows the client company to retain strategic control over facilities management and budgeting. The value for contracted out services stated in this report includes contracts by single service providers as well as by facilities management companies
- in-house projects, where ancillary services are undertaken by internal staff. These non-core activities represent the remainder of the potential market for facilities management companies
The value of the market includes manpower costs, operational management and strategic management including services, consultancy and training.
The sector includes a broad range of ancillary services provided by single service contractors as well as by facilities management companies, including:
- security, including manned security services, remote security services and maintenance contracts of security equipment and installations
- cleaning, including contract cleaning in public, non-domestic, commercial and industrial buildings, window cleaning, laundry & dry cleaning contracts, cleaning of transport vehicles, disinfecting and extermination services
- gardening and landscaping
- catering, including contract catering in all public and commercial sectors as well as outsourcing of catering in hotels, pubs and restaurants sectors
- building fabric maintenance
- lift and escalator maintenance
- building design
- plant replacement
- construction management
- energy and environmental management
- voice and data communication
- disposal and acquisition of buildings
- space planning
- postal services
- secretarial services
- M&E engineering
- IT management
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.