Family Holidays - UK - July 2012
“Operators are likely to find it increasingly worthwhile to target the older-but-still-working consumer (a segment of the population set to increase, with the mandatory retirement age now a thing of the past and the number of over-65s set to grow) with family holiday suggestions. These adults are not as likely to be funding the day-to-day costs of maintaining a family anymore, but may be very involved in funding extended family holidays (eg not so much the bank of Mum and Dad, but more the bank of Mum and Dad’s Mum and Dad).”
– Tom Rees, Senior Travel and Tourism Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- How can companies capitalise on parents’ willingness to take children out of school for cheaper holidays?
- Are rising flight and fuel costs creating an opening for international rail travel?
- After all-inclusives and facilities aimed at 5-9-year-olds, where can tour operators look next to combat the recession’s continuing impact?
- Will the staycation continue in family holidays?
- What can package providers do to further appeal to the growing 25-34-year-old segment?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.