Family/Midscale Restaurants - US - November 2009
This report explores the family restaurant market—identifying key developments that are changing consumer habits and usage of these restaurants within the current economic climate, which has caused “value” to emerge as a key theme as operators struggle to combat declining guest traffic.
The report considers a range of topics, including the following:
- The size of the market and its potential for growth
- Opportunities for family restaurants to redefine their image and cultivate a stronger following
- How family restaurants stave off competitive threats in a diner’s market
- The impact of the recession on restaurants, and in particular, family restaurants
- The effect of demographic shifts (age and ethnic/race) on the industry
- Key brands, how they are endeavoring to differentiate themselves, and the demographic group(s) they attract
- Advertising and promotional strategies being employed to attract consumers
- Innovations among family restaurants to support trends toward comfort foods, breakfast, and health
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.