Fast Casual Restaurants - US - September 2009
While its heady growth days may be behind it, the fast casual segment continues to outperform the restaurant industry as whole, and remains poised for growth. However, with respect to withstanding the pressure of the recession, and competing for added guest traffic, not all players are created equal. This report provides thorough and unique competitive market analysis, drilling down to provide the insights market participants need to prepare for the future. Issues raised in the report include, but are not limited to:
- Where is the menu introduction momentum: breakfast, comfort fare, healthfulness or something else? Does the introduction align with the restaurant brand?
- Do smoothie lovers have a restaurant preference? What about Mexican or Asian food lovers?
- What can current same-store sales comparables tell us about the future?
- How are ethnic, traditional American, and bread-based chains faring?
- Is there really a difference between QSR and fast casual?
- Which brands attract which guests, and for what reason?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.