Fine Dining - US - April 2009
The restaurant industry as a whole is in a bind. A global recession has patrons eating out less and spending less when they do go out, and fine dining, as a deeper pocket experience, has been especially hard hit. Many establishments have had to shutter their doors and others are seeing steep revenue declines.
This has changed the face of fine dining in many ways. Restaurants are taking extra, previously unthinkable, steps in order to lure in customers – welcoming any and all customers and offering price incentives.
This report offers insights and guidance that will help restaurateurs wade through this tough time and work toward the future, including:
- How the current economy is impacting where fine diners are cutting back
- What demographics are the most important to consider, and how to woo them distinctly
- What pricing promotions work best, including specially priced menus, prix-fixe and wine discounting
- Ways to give special treatment to reward regulars and recognize the needs of wealthier patrons
- How to use the slow time to an advantage, through hiring, training and upgrades
- Why technology has become an essential tool and how to best utilize the various facets to reach out to customers and improve restaurant operations
- What menu items and cuisine types are working best, and what trends should be followed, currently and going forward
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.