Food Processing (Industrial Report) - Ireland - April 2011
The recession has changed the food processing landscape, with collapses of some companies, consolidation among others and even the creation of new enterprises designed to meet consumers ever increasing demands.
Further to this the industry has had to face rising energy costs, high food inflation, the strong Euro/weak Sterling making exports of goods and import of ingredients difficult, and difficulty accessing credit. This report investigates the key factors influencing the food processing industry in both NI and RoI, highlight key threats and opportunities for growth.
Key themes of the report include:
- What role do exports play in the Irish food processing industry? – How important is the overseas market to Irish food processors? What opportunities does this channel provide?
- What impact does the drive for value among consumers have? – The recession has seen Irish consumers become more savvy in their buying habits, and pushing for lower prices from food companies. What effect has this on the industry?
- Is ‘buying local’ the way forward? – Environmental and ethical trends have seen consumers more inclined to want to buy food products from local producers. What opportunities or threats does this provide food processors?
- Who are the key players in the Irish food processing market? – Who are the key suppliers and buyers?
- What effect are rising production costs having? – As ingredient prices and energy costs continue to rise, what effect is this having on Irish food processors? Does it effect their ability to compete with cheaper overseas processors?
- What impact will the health trend have on Irish food processors? – As NI and RoI governments aim to make consumers healthier, and reduce the threat of obesity, what impact will this have on food processors and how they conduct business?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.