Food Storage - US - April 2011
The $2.3 billion FDMx market for food storage products has been challenged by a struggling economy, coupled with a highly saturated market in most food storage segments, minimal innovation of product and packaging, and growing environmental awareness that eschews disposable products. Additionally, non-FDMx channels such as dollar stores have been changing their product mix and product quality to better compete with FDMx, their success resulting in market share gain, at the expense of the FDMx channels.
In order to help manufacturers, marketers, and retailers to better understand both the challenges and opportunities within the food storage market, Mintel addresses the following questions:
- What are the most important attributes of food storage products?
- How has private label changed the market and where is private label not being effective?
- What are dollar stores doing right to steal market share from FDMx?
- Is BPA-free really important to consumers or is it more a media driven concern?
- How did the economic recession affect the usage of food storage products within the black and Asian communities?
- With 90% or more households using most food storage products, where is there room for growth?
- How are green marketing claims changing and how will that affect food storage marketing and consumer usage in the future?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.