Foot Care - US - January 2012
Reflecting a trend that has been seen in a variety of categories, sales of foot care products declined sharply in 2009, as millions of Americans sought ways to reduce discretionary spending and increase savings for a “worst case scenario” plan. While sales fell again in 2010 and 2011, improving economic conditions indicate that marketing and product development teams will want to intensify their efforts in 2012, as companies seek ways to capitalize on moderately strong demand for mid-market, as well as premium foot care products.
In order to provide insights that can be used to help companies succeed in a challenging marketplace, Mintel has published this report, which addresses the following questions:
- How have sales fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change between 2012 and 2016?
- Through which channels are foot care products most commonly purchased by consumers?
- Who are the leading companies in the category and what products drive their success?
- How have private label products performed relative to branded options in recent years?
- What proportion of the population experience at least some foot-related ailments?
- Which segments of the population are most likely to suffer from foot-related problems?
- What strategies do consumers commonly use to address foot-related ailments?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.