Footwear - US - November 2010
The footwear market reached a total of $46.5 billion in estimated sales for 2010, showing a seemingly surprising increase in sales in spite of the continuing economic crisis in the U.S. Mintel’s research reveals how the footwear market has withstood some of the impact of a recession that has led families to economize when and where possible. These factors have forced manufacturers and retailers to respond by offering more value in the form of lower price points over a variety of footwear to consumers who are loath to spending any money.
In order to fully explore the factors affecting the footwear market, this report takes a closer look at the following:
- How a company like zappos.com has used social media and other new channels to become an industry leader, while also relying on old-fashioned principles, such as exemplary customer service
- The impact of the growing Hispanic population on the footwear market, as Mintel’s custom consumer research reveals that Hispanics over-index on shoe purchases, and the reasons for these purchases
- The specific reasons why the footwear market has not been negatively impacted by the recession, as so many other product categories have
- What’s new to the retail landscape and what innovations have been introduced in fitness and eco-friendly footwear, including pop-up stores as a new channel, footwear that increases muscle fitness, and the promise of eco-friendly footwear choices
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.