Fragrances - US - September 2011
The recent declines in the U.S. fragrance market slowed significantly in 2010 and estimates point to 2011 posting the first market increases since before the recession. Led by growth in the men’s fragrance sector, which surpassed sales of the women’s sector for the first time in more than five years, FDMx sales are estimated to reach $827 million by the end of 2011. Along with this sales uptick, responses to Mintel’s custom survey point to a growing consumer base, reporting increased ownership and fragrance use across all segments. This report provides in-depth analysis of these factors, as well as close examination of the following:
- Causes behind the fragrance market inertia and what the current state of the economy means for future sales
- The shift in balance of power between men’s and women’s FDMx fragrance sales and what that means for the industry
- How companies can provide affordable, smaller sizes to attract consumers on a budget
- The impact of the continuing trend of celebrity scents and fashion tie-ins
- The upscaling of lower cost retail outlets and how drug stores continue to refocus on beauty and personal care products, offering affordable prestige in the women’s fragrance market
- The growth of independent fragrance manufacturers and what that means for the industry as a whole
- How focusing on green can give fragrance companies an edge up
- Creative promotions through functional fragrances, branding and experimental ventures
- Recent innovations in fragrances and delivery systems
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.