Frozen Snacks - US - October 2010
Frozen snacks are quite popular in the U.S., but the category faces stiff competition from the salty snacks market, which thrived during the recession. Quick service restaurants (QSRs) also pose a formidable challenge in that many chains have introduced and spent lavishly to promote products similar to the most popular frozen snacks that can be purchased at thousands of convenient locations across the nation for less than $2. This highly competitive context—especially when combined with a customer base that has been disproportionately impacted by the recession—is serving to drive down sales of many brands.
However, there is some indication that there are substantial growth opportunities for companies that undertake new product development or refinement initiatives that are keenly focused on the preferences of high value consumer segments.
In order to provide data, as well as insight that can be used to optimize product design and brand positioning, Mintel has published this comprehensive analysis of the Frozen Snacks market in the U.S. which addresses the following questions:
- How have sales of frozen snacks fluctuated in recent years and how are they expected to change in the next five years?
- How are macro-level economic forces and competitive threats from QSRs and other snack categories impacting sales of frozen snacks?
- What types of frozen snacks are performing well, and why?
- Which are the leading manufacturers and brands in the frozen snacks category?
- How has usage of frozen snacks fluctuated in recent years?
- What segments of the population over-index and under-index on use of frozen snacks?
- Where do consumers typically purchase frozen snacks and which channels are displaying the most growth in sales?
- How are companies promoting frozen snacks?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.