Fruit and Vegetables - US - February 2012
Fruits and vegetables, whether fresh, canned, or frozen, are in the national spotlight as an important component of improving and maintaining health and curbing obesity. This may be the reason that the fruit and vegetable industry has been a growing category in retail channels, in spite of tough economic times.
Yet while sales are positive, consumer produce consumption leaves room for much improvement. Most consumers do not eat the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) recommended daily servings. This report looks at the entire fruit and vegetable category from every angle, offering insights and suggestions to help strengthen sales and encourage more purchases. Specifically, the range of topics in this report includes:
- Current size of the fruit and vegetable market, as well as future sales projections and factors that will influence growth
- Analysis of the fresh and processed fruit and vegetable segments and the most successful categories within each
- Insights and statistics on sales and consumer thinking regarding branded, unbranded, and private label produce, as well as locally grown and organic produce
- Comparison of sales within the grocery store channel compared with supercenter/warehouse club stores and other channels
- Review of the most successful brands and analysis of some of their marketing strategies
- Separate evaluations of consumers’ fruit and vegetable usage and purchase habits
- Analysis and discussion of consumers’ attitudes toward produce related to health, diet, time, cooking, and more by demographic group
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.