Functional Beverages - US - May 2010
The functional beverages market showed impressive gains during 2004-07 but, like many other categories, sales fell in response to recessionary pressures. Companies developed a variety of new products in 2008 and 2009, yet many consumers preferred brand familiarly and a value proposition during the recession. Given the fact that many consumers are as frugal and fickle as ever when shopping for beverages, it is important to engage in a comprehensive analysis of the market with a keen focus on the preferences of current and potential customers.
This report is designed to provide the data and insight needed to gain a competitive advantage in the current market. More specifically, the report addresses the following questions:
- How have sales of functional beverages fluctuated in recent years, and why?
- Of the six segments included in the study—functional juice and drinks, energy drinks and shots, enhanced waters, functional soy drinks, functional teas and functional yogurt drinks/smoothies—which have posted gains in recent years, and which have performed poorly?
- What impact is the health and wellness trend having on the market?
- What impact is the economy having on the market?
- What impact will increased Food and Drug Administration (FDA) scrutiny have on the market?
- How much interest is there among consumers for beverages that include herbal supplements and other “novel ingredients”?
- What specific health benefits are consumers most interested in, and which are in less demand?
- How effective do consumers believe functional beverages are in helping them maintain good health?
- How are the lifestyles and attitudes of functional beverage users similar or distinct from non-users?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.