Functional Beverages - US - September 2009
The functional drinks market exhibited hefty growth till the onset of the recession, but showed signs of distress amid ongoing difficult economic environment. Even though the new product activity has remained strong during the recession, most of those products primarily target teens or young adults who tend to be price sensitive. Additionally, the market momentum during 2004-08 appears to have come more from the experiential attributes of new-age beverages such as enhanced water and energy drinks rather than functional benefits. This report assesses the current state of the functional beverage market and proposes numerous actionable insights to create sustainable growth in the market.
This report explores how consumer trends, the challenging economy and product innovation are shaping the functional drinks market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- Top usage barriers keeping consumers out of the category; and what strategy marketers can follow to break them down
- Increasing role of the FDA in scrutinizing functional food and beverage market and its influence on the functional drinks market
- Key target consumers in the market and a spotlight on consumer groups that offer the greatest potential for expanding the functional drinks market
- New product launches with specific functional claims
- Consumer preferences for different types of functional drinks
- Changing consumer attitudes toward diet, health and lifestyle and how manufactures can tailor new product offerings to align with changes in consumer behavior
- Analysis of factors that motivate consumers to use functional drinks
- The role functional ingredients play in consumer purchase decision of functional drinks
- Identification of functional benefits consumers prefer to see in functional drinks
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.