Furniture Retailing - US - August 2012
Total retail sales of furniture reached $67.5 billion in 2011 and are expected to reach $68.8 billion in 2012. The furniture market saw sales decline in 2008-10 as a result of the recession yet is expected to rebound in the near future, growing by 22% between 2012 and 2017.
This report provides data on furniture sales trends, profiles of major players in the U.S. furniture market, as well as a detailed exploration of consumers’ attitudes, expenditures, and shopping behaviors in the furniture category.
The purpose of this report is to:
- Examine the structure of the furniture retailing market, to identify and profile the major players.
- Identify the shopping behaviors and preferences among consumers when shopping for furniture.
This report will focus more on the strategies of retailers and less on the actual furniture products that were covered in more detail in Home Furniture—U.S., October 2011. However, the furniture categories included in both reports are the same, and include:
- Upholstered furniture
- Mattresses/sleep equipment and sleep sofas/other dual-purpose pieces
- Sleep equipment, including mattresses, springs, cots, waterbeds, etc.
- Sleep sofas, daybeds, futons, and other dual-purpose pieces
- Living room, dining room, and bedroom furniture (excluding mattresses/sleep equipment and sleep sofas/other dual-purpose pieces)
- Office furniture, including computer-related furniture
- Outdoor/patio furniture
- All other furniture including kitchen, dinette, etc.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.