Furniture Retailing - US - July 2016
"Nearly three quarters of purchases are conducted in the store where shoppers can personally experience products. However, growth is coming from online despite many consumers remaining reluctant to buy furniture using this method."
- Diana Smith, Senior Research Analyst - Retail & Apparel
This report will cover the following areas:
- Furniture market outlook appears promising
- Everyone wants a bigger piece of this highly fragmented category; leads to continual price promotion
- Growth is coming from online, but many averse to trying it
This report focuses on the furniture market and how consumers shop the category. It offers sales trends, a snapshot of recent initiatives from key furniture retail players in the US market, as well as a detailed exploration of consumers’ attitudes, usage and shopping behaviors in this category. The following furniture categories are included in this report:
- Upholstered furniture
- Sleep equipment, including mattresses, springs, cots, waterbeds, etc.
- Sleep sofas, daybeds, futons, and other dual-purpose pieces
- Living room, dining room, and bedroom furniture (excluding mattresses/sleep equipment and sleep sofas/other dual-purpose pieces)
- Office furniture, including computer-related furniture
- Outdoor/patio furniture
- All other furniture including kitchen, dinette, etc.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.