Garden Products Retailing - UK - May 2012
“Garden centre retailers are facing difficult times. Demand for garden products remains flat in today’s tough economy and increasingly consumers are turning to the internet to search out better deals on price. This is putting margins under pressure and so limits the cash available for innovation and refurbishment. Yet, despite these difficulties, garden centre retailers are making headway and investing for future growth. There are plenty of examples of companies developing sophisticated online retail services, excellent in-store restaurants and top quality associated departments including farm shops and housewares. We predict that these companies, who have been prepared to evolve their formats and develop high-quality retailing, will perform best in the future, becoming first choice as a leisure retail destination for their target customers.”
– Jane Westgarth, Senior Retail Analyst
Some questions answered in this report include:
- In today’s tough times young people appear to be cutting their garden spending the most, so what can retailers do to encourage younger shoppers?
- How much shopping for garden products is being done online?
- Is online discounting becoming a disruptive issue for garden retailers?
- What are garden centre retailers doing to grow their businesses in the economic squeeze?
- Sustainability is a growing theme among suppliers and retailers, but does it chime with consumer sentiments?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.