Gastrointestinal Remedies: Digestive and Immunity Health - US - April 2010
The market for over the counter (OTC) gastrointestinal (GI) remedies performed strongly in 2009, driven by the shift of prescription brands to OTC availability. However, most brands are losing ground to private label competition, and there is question as to whether new launches will truly result in incremental sales. A new class of product threatens to take the focus away from occasional OTC remedies in favor of regular dietary supplements.
In this report, Mintel takes a look at the state of the GI remedy market and explains why certain brand strategies are working and others are not. Consumer behavior toward GI remedies is examined for ways to increase sales.
Analysis and insights offered in this report include:
- Which OTC brands are managing to grow sales while most are slipping
- Which new launches are anticipated to drive future growth
- How the probiotic trend is expanding the category
- Who marketers are targeting and how
- What fears lie behind a resistance to taking OTC remedies
- Which GI problems drive the most consumers to purchase remedies
- Which factors are more important than price when selecting a remedy
- What percentage of consumers actually consult with medical professionals about their GI issues
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.