Gastrointestinal Remedies - US - April 2012
Sales of gastrointestinal (GI) remedies grew considerably in 2009, in part because of strong demand for over-the-counter (OTC) versions of prescription remedies such as Prilosec OTC. This growth, however, decelerated in 2010 and 2011. While significant opportunities exist in the category, it is evident that at this point in history brands must work harder than ever to garner customer loyalty and differentiate if they want to succeed in this challenging marketplace. This is especially true for national brands, as they have been losing share to private label in recent years.
In order to provide facts and insights that can help companies succeed in this challenging marketplace, Mintel has published this report which addresses the following questions:
- How have sales of antacids, laxatives, stomach remedies and diarrheal remedies fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change in the future?
- How are macro-level economic and health-related factors driving sales of GI remedies?
- What are the leading brands in the category and how are they performing in comparison to private label?
- How widespread are GI problems in the U.S. and what types of conditions are most common?
- What types of strategies are used most often by Americans to manage GI health?
- What types of remedies are most popular with Americans and what brands are they most likely to use?
- How do various factors, such as recommendations from a friend or coworker, impact brand decisions?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.