Gift Registries - US - April 2010
Traditionally reserved for brides- and mothers-to-be, gift registries provide both recipients and givers with a convenient way to ensure that more than the thought will count when it comes to gifts. While online shopping has given registries a boost, by making it easy to create and track registries from multiple retailers and also easing the buying process for out-of-town guests, a difficult economy has also created challenges as American consumers restrict discretionary spending. This report will discuss sector trends and potential strategies for succeeding with registries today, including:
- Strategies from market leaders will be analyzed to determine potential opportunities
- Competing methods of buying gifts, including off-registry buying as well as gift cards and cash gifts, will be studied to determine ways vendors can maximize registry use
- Innovative players’ strategies will be discussed to determine emerging new features that can help encourage future growth
- Key factors impacting gift registry usage will be discussed, including the long-lived recent recession and a rise in anti-consumerism; and the continued growth of online shopping
- Based on data from Mintel proprietary surveys, a detailed overview of consumer behavior, attitudes and preferences regarding gift registries will be provided, including discussions of overall registry usage; occasions for which registries are typically created; gift selection; and overall attitudes on gift registries
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.