Green Living - US - February 2010
Before the beginning of the recession, the “green” marketplace was one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy. Though economic factors have slowed growth in this sector, consumers remain committed to green shopping. In this report, Mintel examines the size, scope, and growth of the “green” consumer marketplace, the driving forces that will shape its future—with an eye toward expected changes sector by sector—as well as the short-term and long-term outlooks for the market as a whole.
- The surge in environmental awareness that began in 2005 has transformed from a popular cultural trend into a major force for change in a range of markets. Concerns over global climate change, energy security, and health risks from toxic chemicals continue to fuel interest in “green” living, but the economy has created enormous uncertainty in this market, along with many other consumer markets
- In this report, Mintel analyzes how the recession has impacted the green marketplace, with a special focus on how consumers have adapted their shopping habits to changed economic conditions. The report explores how these changed habits may impact the green marketplace as the economy begins to recover
- Mintel explores the current trends and future outlook for six key sectors of the “green” consumer marketplace, including food and beverage, personal care products, building and home improvement supplies, electronics, automobiles, and restaurants and lodging
- Mintel’s exclusive consumer research identifies the specific consumer groups that are most important to the green marketplace, as well as those groups that may be most responsive to targeted green marketing. Age, race, household income, and other demographic characteristics can interact in surprising ways to shape the marketplace
- Mintel’s custom consumer groups zero in on the specific personality and lifestyle traits common to different types of green consumers, allowing messaging to be tailored to the concerns most relevant to each group
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.