Green Living - US - February 2011
The “green” marketplace was one of the fastest-growing sectors of the U.S. economy leading up to the recession. Though spending on green products and services stalled along with the rest of the economy, the first signs of renewed growth are beginning to appear. In this report, Mintel analyzes the current state of the “green” consumer marketplace and the driving forces that will shape its future—with an eye toward expected changes sector by sector—as well as the short and long-term outlooks for the market as a whole.
- In this report, Mintel analyzes how the green living market has weathered the recession and what’s next for the market in the face of continued economic uncertainty
- Mintel explores the current trends and future outlook for five key sectors of the “green” consumer marketplace: food and beverage; personal care products; household cleaning and paper products; automobiles; and consumer services
- Mintel’s exclusive consumer research identifies the specific consumer groups that are most important to the green marketplace, as well as those groups that may be most responsive to targeted green marketing. Age, race, household income and other demographic characteristics can interact in surprising ways to shape the marketplace
- Demographic changes in coming years will impact the growth of the green living market. The report examines how generational shifts are likely to affect green shopping patterns
- Mintel’s custom consumer groups zero in on the specific lifestyle traits common to different types of green consumers, allowing messaging to be tailored to the concerns most relevant to each group
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.