Health Cash Plans and Private Medical Insurance - UK - July 2010
This report examines the PMI and health cash plan markets, providing analysis of the current market size, market share, leading players, product developments and distribution trends. Background issues such as the role of the NHS, the rising cost of healthcare, claims trends and the role of health insurance within employee benefit schemes are also considered. Mintel’s exclusive consumer research provides an insight into the ownership of health insurance products, the preference for different health cash plan benefits and general attitudes towards healthcare and health insurance.
- Almost two-thirds of adults believe the NHS does a really good job, although nearly one in three NHS supporters still have some type of healthcare cover in place.
- Support for the NHS is higher among those with employer-arranged cover, while those to have made independent arrangements are more likely to have concerns about NHS services.
- Under-35s are among those most concerned about NHS waiting lists and are therefore likely to be increasingly dissatisfied should waiting times increase over the next few years.
- Health insurance small print and policy exclusions appear to be off-putting for the minority of adults who have money set aside for their healthcare needs.
- Existing health cash plan holders are much more likely than the wider population to appreciate cash provided for hospital admissions and specialist/private consultations.
- Many typical cash plan benefits appeal to different age groups, which suggests that providing flexibility in the selection of benefits will ensure the product appeals to a wider range of people.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.