Healthy Dining Trends - US - May 2009
This report explores healthy dining trends—identifying key developments that are changing consumer habits and perceptions about health and food, and how restaurants are reacting to these needs. The report covers industry activity in and consumer attitudes and behavior towards full-service restaurants, fast casual restaurants, and fast food restaurants, as well as pizza restaurants and coffeehouses.
Throughout this report, you will find thoughtful discussion on topics that include:
- Insight on how restaurants can increase ticket sales by adding healthy items to the menu
- Discussion of the effects and opportunities due to forthcoming federal legislation regarding menu transparency
- Discussion and analysis of how the recession is negatively impacting consumers’ tendencies to dine out, including ways to curtail declining guest traffic and motivate purchases
- How changes in obesity rates impacts what’s on the menu
- An in-depth look into “healthy” restaurant innovations—focus on freshness, fat, calories, allergens, salt and small bites emerge as leading trends
- Discovery of innovative ways restaurants can market health using positive messaging, freshness and affordability to encourage use
- Consideration of innovation of “unhealthy” menu items along with the realization that the majority of new menu items are the antithesis of healthy
- Weighs rationales for dining out in terms of hunger, health and satiation
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.