High-end Vacation Destinations - US - November 2009
As noted in Mintel’s Leisure Travel—U.S., June 2009, the leisure travel market declined considerably in 2008 and the first two quarters of 2009 as a result of recessionary pressures. However, the cost of travel declined between March 2008 and 2009, and this has created a context in which affluents and others are somewhat more comfortable spending on vacation travel.
Nonetheless, the travel industry continues to struggle, and there is some indication that the luxury segment of the industry has been especially hard hit by recession. As such, it is critical that marketers as well as managers charged with developing new travel products and services gain an in-depth understanding of the lifestyles that are prominent within their target market. This knowledge can be used to optimize marketing and product development efforts and, ultimately, gain an edge on the competition.
More specifically, this report addresses the following questions:
- How are the lifestyles and attitudes of high-end travelers distinct from the average American
- What types of communications and offerings are likely to resonate with high-end travelers
- How often do high-end travelers take vacations, and how does that compare with the frequency with which the average American travels
- What are some of the most highly rated destinations, and what makes them so desirable to high-end travelers
- What recent innovations are likely to drive sales of high-end vacations
- What do affluents typically spend on a vacation, and how does that compare with the average American respondent
- What states in the US and what foreign countries are most popular with high-end travelers
- What themes are common and especially important in communications designed to promote high-end travel
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.