Hispanics and Beauty Products - US - July 2016
Hispanic women over index for use of most beauty product categories. However, brands face challenges growing their share; Hispanic women tend to be young, value oriented, and their willingness to experiment and try new products makes achieving brand loyalty difficult. As brands aim to connect with Hispanic women and become part of their consideration set, it is not easy to stand out in a market that offers so many options.
This report examines the following areas:
- As Hispanic women get older, their engagement with beauty products decreases
- Brand loyalty can be evasive
- The importance of in-store presence
- Bicultural Hispanic women reacting to both English and Spanish-language ads
This Report explains Hispanic women’s approach to beauty products, including their category use, their level of engagement (ie time spent on beauty routine, perception of skills using beauty products, and likelihood to experiment), reasons for purchasing beauty products, shopping behavior, purchase influencers, trust in beauty products advertising, and social media use in beauty products marketing.
This Report covers a broad range of products within the beauty market. For the purposes of this Report, Mintel has defined the beauty market as follows:
- Color cosmetics - Eye, face, and lip cosmetics
- Nail color and care products - Nail polish and accessories, nail accessories and implements, nail treatments, artificial nails and accessories, nail polish removers
- Facial skincare products - Anti-aging products, cleansers, moisturizers, acne treatments, fade/bleach, lip balm
- Haircare - Shampoo, conditioner, styling products, hairspray/spritz
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.