Hispanics and Household Products - US - October 2010
As the largest minority group in the U.S., Hispanics purchasing power is expected to exceed $1.2 trillion by 2012, and their expenditures on household products are ever growing. While the overall U.S. population is spending less on household products than they did 5 years ago, Hispanics’ expenditures on these products have grown $600 million, including a $489 million boom in laundry detergent sales. Hispanics value maintaining a presentably clean house and the proper care of their clothes, making it more essential than ever for manufacturers and retailers to understand the household products that Hispanics are seeking, and how to best market these products to them based on their lifestyles, economics and cultural values.
Readers of this report will gain a thorough insight into the Hispanic household and their consumption of household products through the following topics:
- How Hispanics' spending on household products have changed in the past year and ways they are trying to save money
- The methods that Hispanics use to save money, such as the purchase of private label products and coupon usage
- The dynamics in Hispanic households of who cleans the household and when, and what this means to marketers in terms of the type of cleaning products Hispanics seek and the advertising that will resonate with them
- The types of household products that Hispanics use and the best ways to catch the attention of these consumers based on their gender, household income, and level of acculturation
- Hispanics' usage of environmentally friendly and child-safe products, including the sub-groups who are most drawn to these products
- Hispanics' laundry habits and attitudes towards laundry products
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.