Hispanics and the Retail Experience - US - July 2009
Nothing could be more exciting to a retailer than to find customers who are spending more money, are not as price sensitive in certain channels, and are telling their friends about where they found the products they bought. Hispanic consumers, with their quickly growing population and economic power, are an excellent opportunity for those retailers that are able to uncover the key motivators to attract and stimulate purchases by these lucrative shoppers.
This report will cover many of those insights as it relates to the following key areas:
- The factors involved in getting Hispanic consumers from couch to cash register, understanding the economic, social, geographic and psychographic dynamics of generating Hispanic foot traffic and ultimately generating revenue
- The purchasing dynamics behind the channels that Hispanics most commonly use to purchase their groceries, toiletries and cosmetics, clothing, home electronics and home improvement items, as well as a unique source where they obtain products from their home country
- The impact of Walmart, specifically the introduction of a new concept store geared toward Hispanic shoppers
- Effectiveness of various marketing elements that help enhance a Hispanic shopper’s in-store experience and stimulate purchase
- Important dynamics about the growth of Hispanic demographic segments that create tremendous economic opportunity for retailers and manufacturers
- The impact of Hispanic acculturation on shopping behavior, including key attitudes developed throughout various lifestages and the acculturation process
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.