Hispanics and Travel - US - August 2010
With a skyrocketing purchasing power and a penchant for travel both national and abroad, the Hispanic consumer deserves increased attention from the travel market. Hispanics spend more than any other ethnicity on domestic travel, and travel more internationally per year than the average American. Spanish-language advertising has traditionally targeted the working class, typically unacculturated Hispanic consumer, but times are changing. Spanish-language and bilingual media are in their prime, and the new consumers of these media are educated, professional, middle-income and affluent Hispanic audiences. The possibilities for reaching Hispanics who enjoy and can afford travel have never been better. This report provides marketers with a deeper understanding of the various cultural values and economic factors that influence the Hispanic travel consumer.
Readers of this report will learn:
- How the new economy has affected Hispanic spending patterns when it comes to travel and how travel companies can adapt their marketing to accommodate these changes
- The best medium of advertising for reaching the Hispanic traveler, based on differences in income, acculturation and language preference within the Hispanic population
- How airlines, car rental companies, hotels, tour operators, cruise lines and theme parks can advertise to the appropriate group of Hispanic consumers
- The most popular English and Spanish-language/bilingual magazines, channels and websites among Hispanics, as well as the methods for targeting the appropriate Hispanic audience when using these media
- Hispanics’ preferred hotels, airlines and theme parks and how these companies have successfully captured the Hispanic consumer
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.