Hispanics Online - US - April 2011
Hispanics, with total buying power projected to surpass $1.4 trillion in 2013, represent an important consumer segment that sees no sign of shrinking. As of 2010, there are 49.1 million Hispanics, or 16% of the U.S. population. The internet is rapidly becoming an integral part of daily life, and marketers that wish to connect with this consumer group need to understand their online habits and needs.
Hispanics represent a significant portion of the U.S. mainstream and should no longer be considered a “minority” group. They are diverse in nature, with socioeconomic differences and language preference playing key roles in how the internet is used among all Hispanics. While internet use lags behind other ethnic groups, Hispanics represent the biggest growth market. They are also trend-setters, exemplified by the cell phone which is now the primary online connectivity device for Hispanic adults.
This report gives marketers key insights and observations of Hispanic internet users, including:
- Hispanic internet consumption based on language preference and household incomes, and how marketers can best promote goods and services to a diverse consumer group
- New opportunities for internet service providers, wireless service operators, and marketers and advertisers who wish to increase market share by targeting online Hispanic consumers
- An analysis of Hispanics’ online activities and internet purchase habits, based on age and language preference
- An examination of current advertising campaigns and websites targeting the various consumer segments within this ethnic group
- An overview of the U.S. Hispanic population, including demographic distribution and differing levels of acculturation, and how this affects internet usage
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.